Until Wednesday 11/15
Nov. 2-14: 10 AM - 8 PM
Nov. 15: 10 AM - 6 PM
An extraordinary annual design competition and the most unique food charity in the world, Canstruction challenges 26 teams of architects, engineers, and contractors to build sculptures made entirely out of unopened cans of food. The large scale structures are placed on display and later donated to City Harvest for distribution to those in need.
DONATE TO CITY HARVEST:
Admission is free! If you’d like to contribute to Canstruction you can drop off non-perishable food items in the donation bin located at 230 Vesey, 2nd level.
Congratulations to this year's award winners:
- Best Original Design - Leslie E. Robertson Associates (LERA): A Rising Tide
- Best Use of Labels - Simpson Gumpertz & Heger: Fearless in the Face of Hunger
- Structural Ingenuity - GACE Consulting Engineers: Pining to End Hunger
- Best Meal - Gensler: Popeye the Sailor CAN
- Honorable Mention - DeSimone Consulting Engineers: The Giving Tree
- Honorable Mention - Gannett Fleming - Beauty and the Feast
- Most Cans - Turner Construction Company: On Track to End Hunger
- People's Choice - DeSimone Consulting Engineers: The Giving Tree